To view a copy of our prospectus, please click on the image below.
To find out more about Admissions to The Bulwell Academy for Years 7 to 11 and to the Academy's Sixth Form, click here.
Ofsted Report (page updated 17 June 2015)
On the 3 & 4 June 2015, we had a visit from Ofsted to check on the progress of the school. We are delighted to report that Ofsted have designated The Bulwell Academy to be a GOOD school.
- The Principal and senior leaders are rigorous and committed; they have brought about rapid improvements to most areas of the academy.
- Most teachers ensure the good progress of students by planning lessons meticulously and addressing students’ weaknesses quickly and, as a result, the students make good progress.
- Disabled students and those with special educational needs make good progress throughout the academy. Leadership of this work of the academy is exceptionally strong.
- The pastoral care in the academy is exemplary; teachers provide high levels of care and support for students whose circumstances have made them vulnerable.
- Students make rapid progress in both English and mathematics because of the consistently high quality of teaching in these subjects.
- Students’ behaviour around the academy is respectful and orderly; most show high levels of engagement in lessons.
- Disadvantaged students make rapid progress, especially at Key Stage 3.
- Outcomes in the sixth form are improving quickly; good quality teaching and leadership have ensured that almost all students make the progress they should.
- Governors and sponsors have supported the academy very well; resources have been used effectively and leaders are held to account rigorously.
The full Ofsted Inspection report is available to download here.
The Bulwell Academy Performance Table
The Bulwell Academy's performance can be viewed on line at the Department for Education's website - please click here to view the report.
Ofsted School Data Dashboard
The Ofsted School Data Dashboard provides a snapshot of school performance at Key Stages 1, 2 and 4 for all schools. The dashboard can be used by school governors and by members of the public to check the performance of the school in which they are interested.
The Bulwell Academy School Data Dashboard complements the Ofsted school inspection report by providing an analysis of school performance over a three-year period. Data can be filtered by key stage or by topic: